BQA does more than just help beef and dairy producers capture more value from their market cattle. BQA also reflects a positive public image and instills consumer confidence in the beef industry. When producers implement the best management practices of a BQA program, they assure their market steers, heifers, cows and bulls are the best they can be. Today, the stakes are even higher because of increased public attention on animal welfare.
BQA is valuable to all beef and dairy producers because it demonstrates the following:
- Shows sincere commitment to food safety and quality.
- Safeguards the public image of the beef and dairy industry.
- Upholds consumer confidence in valuable beef products.
- Protects the beef industry from additional and burdensome government regulation
- Improves sale value and condition of marketed beef cattle.
- Enhances herd profitability through better management.
Cattle Fax Trends Update
Article Title: Reputation Cattle Bringing More.Learn More
Learn about injection site blemish and value of beef cuts
FORT WORTH – A team of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service specialists demonstrated how much injection–site blemishes can diminish the value of high-end cuts from the beef carcass at the recent Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association Convention in Fort Worth.